Monday, May 7, 2012

Painters Block

Every artists hits a rough spot once in a while where the brush just will not move. Ive been here a few times myself, and it is extremely frustrating at times when I have a deadline. So how do you get out of it?
I keep an inspiration book, where I paste clipping from magazines with little notes, or a simple sketch of how it inspires me. I can always refer back to this book for a few minutes before I need to get painting, just to get the juices flowing!!
Going to art shows and seeing what's new in the area or in some other area can be jsut what I need sometimes. I went to First Friday in Richmond with another artist friend this past weekend. It was actually the first time I had been to a First Friday with another artist, which made for an especially unique conversation. I took some pictures of the most inspiring images for me and have really been motivated today.
So how do you manage to get through painters block?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.