Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Obtaining Balance

So astrology is pretty interesting. The idea that the planets and stars have an effect on us and who we are born as. So jumping completely into that notion, I am a Libra and the scales are my symbol. Which I find it interesting how I constantly struggle with balance. I work too much and forget to take care of myself and my basic needs, like eating, showering, etc. Or I work to little and feel lazy and not very important. All the while I get frustrated with myself for not being able to maintain this idealistic "balance" in my life, and that somehow obtaining this balance would eradicate all of my daily problems including, but not limited to: drama with friends, financial insecurities, and emo-issues with lovers. This idea that then, and only then I would somehow instinctively know how to pay my bills on time, balance my check book, never let a vegetable go to waste in the fridge and my dog would never get fleas. Sounds pretty dull already.
In the "awakening" of my most glorious year, where I have listened to the troubled waters of my soul, realizing those waters are effected by the moon, as the ocean is pulled into tides, a wonderful thing has happened. My constant search... no... battle for balance has turned into acceptance, a joy ride of sorts, the journey of ebb and flow, the changing of the seasons and learning to deal with them. But not just deal with them, have joy throughout them, that internal joy nothing can take away or phase. The gift of an underlying contentness no matter which way my scales are tipped. And my gratitude is overflowing.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.